Tuesday, June 15, 2021

What is .fuse_hiddenXXX in Linux

Recently I set up a NAS based on Raspberry Pi. Every day at 1 AM, it replicates files from one external hard disk to another. It uses 'rsync' command to perform the task. The output of  'rsync' command is saved into a file that later emailed to me. 

It was going good. But nowadays I started seeing the below messages in the email suspecting some kind of failure.

deleting temp/2021/.fuse_hidden000de458000000dd

deleting temp/2021/.fuse_hidden000de453000000de

When I navigated to the location I was not able to see those files. After spending some time googling, I came to answer.  It is happening due to access conflicts and nothing to be worried about.

This seems a well-known thing in the Linux world but new to some like me who are entering Linux from Windows.


No comments: